Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Beginning

I want to start blogging again. I want to write for the sake of writing, to feel the sweet freedom of spilling out one's soul on paper (or a computer screen, as the case may be). Over the past few years I have felt as if my writing were bottled up. I've been writing papers for school; they are graded and returned, and then I either post them on my site or leave them to languish in a lonely computer folder. But what am I writing for? Is it only a grade? Is there an audience besides my professors?

Benjamin Franklin's words are inspiring me, pushing me outside my comfort zone: "Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing." Can I, perhaps, accomplish both?

It seems as if I blog in spurts. I feel the urge to blog when I start experiencing the world in a new and different way. Then things become dull, common again. My inspiration ebbs. I make excuses and tell myself I simply do not have time to write. Let's change that, shall we? I am feeling optimistic -- about life, about the world, about autumn in New York. I feel as if writing material were everywhere. And I want to write what I want to write about -- not be constricted to the bounds of a writing assignment.

And, so, I have returned. My blog is resurrected. Let the writing begin.

Labels:

Posted by Nicole Bianchi at 12:32 AM

3 Comments:

Blogger Art mused...

:cheers:

9/16/2010 9:45 AM

 
Blogger Shannon mused...

I'm looking forward to it!!! I agree, autumn in NY is certainly inspiring. The leaves are already changing colors here in Princeton.

9/18/2010 10:59 PM

 
Blogger Nicole Bianchi mused...

Thanks for commenting. :)

9/21/2010 9:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails